Everyone has a bucket list. I like calling it a life list instead. I can’t even remember how young I was when I started my first one. It has certainly evolved over the years, and I’m trying to remember and include items that have been on my list before, but may not necessarily be included in a list I create today.
In no particular order:
- Travel to the Maldives
- Watch UVa Baseball in the College World Series in Omaha: Check! I went in 2014, with a 2 week old newborn.
- Go on an African safari
- Travel to the Galapagos: Check! I went in 2011.
- Go skydiving: Nope! This is something I wanted to do since about fifth grade, and desire peaked when I was 18, but with each passing year (and honestly, with each kid!), this desire has subsided and the overall fear has increased.
- Watch UVa Basketball in a Final Four: When this first got added to my bucket list, I had just started undergrad at UVa and it was almost a joke to think that this would ever happen, but now I am so so so hopeful this will happen in the next few years.
- Learn to Scuba Dive: Check! I am a nitrox and advanced open water certified diver. It’s been a few years since I’ve gone diving, but I hope to get the chance to go again soon!
- Learn to sew: This is a work in progress. My experience is still very basic.
- See the Aurora Borealis in person
- College Football sub-list. There is a list of schools/stadiums I want to go to and experience the game day culture there. It doesn’t necessarily have to be against UVa (but it would be great if it was).
- USC in the Coliseum: Check! I watched UVa play there in an impromptu weekend trip in 2010.
- Florida State: Check! I helped organized a student trip to Tallahasee in 2004.
- Boise State
- Notre Dame: Hopefully 2019 when UVa plays there.
- LSU at night
- Ole Miss, but mainly for the tailgating in The Grove
- Texas A&M, but really for a Midnight Yell, not a game.
- Some other venues that often pop up on others’ lists that aren’t necessarily part of my list, but I’ve happened to do: Clemson, Hawaii (for the haka), Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Miami.
- See a basketball game in Cameron Indoor
- See a basketball game in Allen Field House
- Go to an ACC Basketball Tournament: Check! I went in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018.
- Do a trip on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail
- Go to the Kentucky Derby
What’s on your life list?